Go Back   Cinemagia Forum > Totul despre filme > Cinematografia romaneasca

Old 13 Dec 2002, 12:39   #1
ion
Novice

ion

My name is Ion Bontenbal, I am from the netherlands. Please excuse me, I don't know to write romanian. I am looking for two old films, in which my uncle starred about 40 years ago. The films are called, I believe: "Not without red" and "The red ball". I may be mistaken. Although they were communist propaganda films, I am interrested in my uncle acting. He was +/- 6 years old back then.

Perhaps someone knows an cinematographic intitute of somekind I could adress my search to.

Thank you very much,
Ion Bontenbal.
ion is offline   Reply With Quote sendpm.gif
Old 13 Dec 2002, 18:47   #2
Amyd
Guru

Amyd

Hello Ion,

Your best bet would be the National Film Archive, which you can reach at:

Tel: +40 (21) 313 4904
Fax: +40 (21) 313 0483

They can search through their records for a specific film, provided you give them enough info. The only problem would be that I am not exactly sure how many of them speak proper English. I am afraid it might not be enough to exchange faxes or phones, it might be necessary to come in person here.

However, if those films were made for TV, and not for cinema (you didn't specify), there is also a chance that they are at the Romanian Television Archive:

Tel: +40 (21) 230 7501
Fax: +40 (21) 230 0381
Email: arhivamultimedia@tvr.ro

Since they deal on a regular basis with foreigners, you will find English-speaking personnel there. However, they do charge for access to their archive, so you will need to come up with a good reason as to why you need those films.

Cheers,
Andrei

P.S. I hope the phones for the ANF are current, to the best of my knowledge they are. If you are having problems getting in touch with them, let me know and I'll try to find out if they changed.
Amyd is offline   Reply With Quote sendpm.gif
Old 15 Dec 2002, 19:06   #3
ion
Novice

ion

Great! Thank you very much! I might be leaving for romania next friday, either way my brother is, so I'll ask him to go there when he's in bucarest. I'll let you know how it's going!
ion is offline   Reply With Quote sendpm.gif